To improve virtual collaboration, COST has launched the Virtual Networking Tools. These aim to build capacity and spread the uptake of virtual collaboration across different research communities. This is a pilot scheme running until 31 October 2021.
There are two types of grants:
- The Virtual Networking Support Grant. This Grant can be approved once for a max. of EUR 4,000. The one who applies for this grant is expected:
- to write a strategy on virtual networking for the Action
- take the leading role of Virtual Networking Support Manager
- to support the MC in discussions and planning of virtual events
- to assist in the selection of hosts for the virtual networking events
- to oversee the selection of the most appropriate virtual tools for each specific virtual activity and
- to support the call coordination of the Virtual Mobility Grants.
Applying is to be done through e-cost >> Login >> (left menu) Cost Actions >> (left menu) VNT Applications >> Apply for grant. Virtual Networking Support grant applications shall be submitted before 24 June 2021.
- The Virtual Mobility Grants. This Grant can be approved 6 times for a of EUR 1,500 each. If you are taking the lead ,e.g. in your Working Group, in planning or performing an activity in a virtual environment, contributing to the objectives and deliverables of the Action, you can be granted for this work. Examples of work which can be granted are:
- Setting up a Survey among Action members to coordinate the discussion for protocols or preparing questionnaires
- Doing data analysis, or computational modelling online, in order to implement research
- Do virtual mentoring with special focus on ECI
- Prepare and coordinate content of science communication activities, e.g. organization of open calls, organization of online workshops, like a webinar series etc.
Applying is to be done through e-cost >> Login >> (left menu) Cost Actions >> (left menu) VNT Applications >> Apply for grant. There is no deadline for applying for the VM Grants, as long as the virtual activities which are granted are performed before October 31, 2021.
Applications must be submitted via e-COST. More information can be found at: Virtual networking tools announcement